Welcome! My name is Ms. Hawley and I am the School Counselor here at Lange Elementary. I support students, staff, and families alike and am thrilled to work with your outstanding learners!
My role as Lange's counselor is to help support your student in becoming the most awesome humans possible. This can include:
- Individual counseling
- Classroom lessons
- Small groups
- Academic support
- School-wide initiatives
- Assisting with outside counseling and resource referrals
- Crisis response, both at Lange and district-wide
- Collaboration with teachers and parents
- Parent education
You can also catch me in the crosswalk each morning and afternoon!
You have a team of people working with you to support your learner. Below are some area resources that provide wonderful work in our community:
- If you are facing food insecurity, loss of housing, or other basic needs, or are in need of therapy services, the Nipomo Family Resource Center can help.
- The SLO Food Bank Nipomo-area distribution continues each week! Bags can be picked up on the second Tuesday of the month from 4:30-6:00 pm at Nipomo Elementary.
- Did you know that parent coaching is available? Do you need help identifying tools that fit your family's unique needs? Feeling overwhelmed with parenting? Frustrated because none of your go-to methods are working? For English, call Bill Spencer at 805-904-1411 and for Spanish, call Claudia Riley at 805-540-1223.
- There is a national suicide and crisis hotline. Need to talk to someone? Dial 988. Help is out there 24/7.